UNFORGETTABLE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK RAIL JOURNEYS
The Savannahlander invites you to be a part of one of the great rail journeys in Australia.
This unique outback rail experience departs Cairns weekly, winding its way through the wet tropics area of the
Kuranda range and out through the Savannah country to Forsayth and back on one of our 4 day tours.
Highly personalised, you will enjoy the tour alongside our drivers in our 1960’s classic “silver-bullet” railmotors.
With options for short tours and visits to Cobbold Gorge and Undara, this is a must-do tour.
A relaxed pace, great company and travelling in style through country you will never forget.
TOURS ON THE SAVANNAHLANDER
EXPLORE ALL TOURS
- Start - Cairns | End of the line - Forsayth
- Overnight stop Day One - Almaden
- Overnight stop Day Two - Forsayth
- Overnight stop Day Three - Mt Surprise
- Local attractions with the option
to stay in accommodation at:
- Chillagoe (Chillagoe Caves)
- Cobbold Gorge
- Undara Experience (Lava Tubes)
The Savannahlander’s route is on the
You can also download a GPS track of
the Savannahlander route as a KMZ file
or GPX file