Savannah Explorer – with Chillagoe Cabins
This fantastic package is the main tour for the Savannahlander. A four day, three night tour which also includes side-tours at each of our overnight stops. This package includes your rail fare, on-tour transfers, accommodation and dinner/breakfast at your overnight accommodation.
Your trip features:
- Travel on the Savannahlander from Cairns to Forsayth and Einasleigh to Cairns.
- En-suite accommodation in Chillagoe at the Chillagoe Cabins.
- A tour in the afternoon of the Chillagoe Caves and Town.
- En-suited accommodation in Cobbold Gorge or Forsayth at Finnigans Rest. We will generally book your stay at Cobbold Gorge, but you may be accommodated at Finnigans Rest as required by availability.
- Regardless of where you stay (Forsayth or Cobbold Gorge), you will be enjoying the Cobbold Gorge Boat Cruise.
- En-suited accommodation at the Bedrock Village Van Park.
- Enjoy a tour of the wonderful Undara Lava Tubes.
- All in-tour transfers as required.
- 3 dinners and 3 breakfasts.
- A fair level of mobility is required for the The Undara Lava Tubes tour as it does include around 300 stairs. They are properly constructed and maintained with landings and some rest benches.
- Please note that Cobbold Gorge is closed for the months of March and November. Any tour where your stay in Cobbold would occur in these months will be accommodated in Forsayth at Finnigans Rest and will have the cost of the Cobbold transfer, accommodation and tours deducted from their package price ($220 off the relevant package price).
- There is limited accommodation for our tours, in fact our available rail packages are limited only by beds available at our overnight stops. Please understand that sometimes we may not be able to keep groups together in the one venue, although if you note your travelling partners on your booking form we will do our best.