As travel resumes throughout Queensland and Australia we have made changes to our operations and worked with partner organisations to ensure that we can deliver the unique outback rail experience that is world renowned in a manner that manages the risk related to Covid-19 to both our passengers and staff.
As part of our resumption plan and covid-safe operations there will be some changes to the Savannahlander tours. Please read the following carefully and check back before you travel to ensure that you have the latest information about your journey with us as we want to make your outback rail experience unforgettable for all the right reasons.
Changes to the Savannahlander operations
The safety of our staff and passengers are always of the highest priority for the Savannahlander. The following new procedures and facilities will be in effect for all travel on the Savannahlander:
- All Savannahlander staff will be fully vaccinated
- Social distancing will be encouraged;
- Increase cleaning and sterilisation procedures during train journeys;
- Hand washing stations will be located on each rail motor and passengers are encouraged to use them;
- We will produce and maintain a “contact tracing manifest” ;
- Face masks will be available for any persons developing a cough who will be provided a mask and required to wear them.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact our office.