Barron River Rover
Join the Savannahlander in Cairns for a leisurely trip up the beautiful Kuranda Scenic Railway. Stop off at Barron Falls before enjoying a brief stop in Kuranda for morning tea at the lovely Kuranda Railway Station. We then continue along the banks of the Barron River to Mareeba. In Mareeba there’s a short wait for the scheduled Trans North bus which departs Mareeba at 9:45am. Your trip includes:
- Travel on the Savannahlander from Cairns to Mareeba.
- Coach transfer from Mareeba to Cairns Central Railway station.
- The bus is operated by Trans North The bus departs Mareeba at 9:45am and the fares are included.
- If for operational reasons the train is late to Mareeba there is a second bus service that departs Mareeba at 1:30pm. If you would like to explore Mareeba you are welcome to be booked on this service – please let us know at the time of booking.
- The bus travels via Kuranda giving you to choose to get off and explore the village before catching the Skyrail or Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns.
The Barron River Rover departs Cairns as part of the normal operating schedule for the Savannahlander. As such it departs the Cairns Central railway station at 6:30 am on every Wednesday morning for the months between March and November inclusive.