Take in the best that outback railways in North Queensland have to offer with a trip on BOTH the iconic Gulflander and Savannahlander trains over a 6 day, 5 night package.
No side tours are included in this package as it operates at the very beginning and end of our season.
This package includes your rail fare, accommodation, dinners, breakfasts and 2 lunches during your visit to the outback that takes in our historic rail journey through the wet tropics and savannah country.
Your itinerary at a glance:
- Monday: Depart Cairns via coach.
- Tuesday: Have a rest day to explore Normanton and surrounds.
- Wednesday: Take the Gulflander from Normanton to Croydon and stay in Croydon for the night.
- Thursday: Depart Croydon and travel to Mt Surprise by coach. Board the Savannahlander around lunchtime and travel to Forsayth for an overnight stay.
- Friday: Board the Savannahlander with a stop along the way for morning tea at the iconic Cafe Bloodwood. After lunch at the historic Einasleigh hotel travel on to Mt Surprise.
- Saturday: Travel on the Savannahlander on it’s journey home from Mt Surprise back to Cairns.